Ooooh. I've been MIA this week. Here's what I've been working on.
I'm attempting to make an orange peel quilt from scrap fabrics (preferably ones I already own). I know I'm going to run out eventually, but I'm trying to see how many combinations I can come up with before I go rummaging through remnant bins.
I'm obviously no good at the pointy ends.
At first I thought I would make this my October-30-Day challenge, but I'm already behind....
The best part about using scraps is that every fabric has a story.
The brown floral print was discovered in a cupboard in Idaho. We had just moved into the house, so I claimed finders keepers. I love, love, love this fabric. It is slowly disappearing.
I don't remember where the light blue fabric came from.....so apparently its story is boring.
The chambray came from a ModCloth dress that I refashioned. The yellow stripe is from a thrift store sheet that has been used here, here, and here. It was a great sheet.
The purple floral was stolen from my mother's fabric bin. I'm pretty sure she bought it to make something for me when I was five, so that obviously gave me a right to it.
The blue stripe came a thrifted Waverly curtain panel (also used here).
Again, the anonymous blue fabric with no history. The bold purple floral was left over from a nursing cover that I made for my sister-in-law.
Hmm....I just realized that two poor squares didn't make it into the lineup. Maybe I'll introduce them next time.
Coming soon(ish): Mary Poppins costume & felted wool accessories.